Mar 21, 2013

One Word One Day

Yesterday was a very lovely day: the sun was shining, Melbourne was just splendid, and I had the privilege to be part of One Word One Day, a charity event organised to raise money for the Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
If you don't know what this event is about, please have a look at my previous post, where I explain the whole thing.

So yesterday I found myself drawing and painting right next to amazing illustrators such as Anna Walker, Serena Geddes, Mitch Vane, Elise Hurst and many amazing others.

The event was held at the ABC headquarters in Melbourne and we were given all the materials we needed to create our illustrations. There was paper and a huge range of medium such as acrylics, watercolour, colour pencils, crayons, pastels and everything you can think of.

For me, the great thing about this event was to be able to observe up close other artists while creating an illustration from start to finish. How fascinating!!

In the end, I think everybody had a really good time and lots of fun, and I can't wait to do it again!





No comments:

Post a Comment